These events begin with singing praise songs to God, a roll call, the preaching of a homily, and announcements. Then, Kenya Connection staff meets with the kids to determine how they are doing in life, if they are performing well in school and to assess needs they may have. Kenya Connection staff distributes food stipends and other care items such as school uniforms and supplies, bedding, clothes and any care packages that sponsors may have sent to their kids. Then, there is fun time, like arts and crafts, games, and sports. It is a happy opportunity for the kids to interact with each other and Kenya Connection staff and missionaries.
Many of the kids walk for miles to take part in these events. Once a year, the kids from all of the regions are brought together at a single location for fun and learning at a Summer Camp/Vacation Bible School-style retreat. For many of these kids, Summer Camp is the farthest distance that they have ever traveled from home making it an adventure that they will remember for a lifetime.
“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” Mark 9: 37 NIV.
Connection Days are organized from our headquarters in Chuka, Kenya with the help of our network of regional volunteer Facilitators. The Facilitators, who are often teachers in the kids’ schools, notify the kids’ guardians of date and time of the event, often in person, because most of the kids’ households are too poor to own a telephone.
Connection Days generally take place outdoors at a local church or school. The supplies, delivered to the Connection Day event by truck, are gratefully carried home on heads, on backs and in hands of the kids and their guardians. Your generous gifts give them hope and a chance for a better future that would be impossible without God’s grace and your support.
- Container #7 Has Arrived!! (6/6/2017)
- MEET ALICE GACHARA (5/20/2016)
- MEET VELARY KANANA (5/20/2016)
- Kirubia and Tharaka Connection Day (4/22/2016)
- Kirubia and Tharaka Connection days (2/27/2016)
- Cleaning at the chief’s office (1/29/2016)
- CONNECTION DAYS (1/15/2016)
- COMMUNITY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (C.S.R) (1/15/2016)
- Rescue Case (1/23/2015)
- Mars Hill Here they come! Kirubia (7/19/2014)
- Connection day (7/11/2014)
- Connection Days (6/6/2014)
- POLLY MWENDE & CAROLINE TEMPORARY SHELTER (5/15/2014)
- KCK CONNECTION DAY (3/21/2014)
- SCHOOL VISIT (3/3/2014)
- Mama Ellyjoy VISITS Kids At A Neighbor Children Home (2/21/2014)
- CONNECTION DAY (12/20/2013)
- Visits, Stuff, Schools, and Connections (10/11/2013)
- TEMPORARY SHELTER (8/29/2013)